2 half cups white sugar
1 cup butter
6 tablespoons cornstarch
2 5/eight cups all-objective flour
1 cup heavy whipping cream
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 levels F(one hundred seventy five levels C). Grease and flour a ten inch tube pan. Put aside.
- Cream collectively the sugar and butter till mild. Proceed beating and add 7 eggs, one by one; beating nicely after every egg
- In a separate bowl, combine collectively flour and cornstarch. Beat half of the flour combination into the egg and sugar combination.
- Beat in 1/2 cup whipping cream, after which beat within the the rest of the flour combination. End by beating in 1/2 cup extra of whipping cream and vanilla.
- Pour into ready pan and bake for about 60 to seventy five minutes. Cool on rack for 10 minutes earlier than turning it out onto a serving plate.
- 396 kcal
- 50.four g
- Ldl cholesterol
- 143 mg
- forty eight%
- 19.four g
- zero.6 g
- 5.three g
- 119 mg
* % Every day Values are based mostly on a 2,000 calorie weight-reduction plan.
Recipe by Deirdre Dee
“I obtained this recipe from one other ‘blue ribbon junkie’ good friend of mine years in the past. It is extremely agency and really high quality textured. It’s the solely cake I exploit when doing cake sculpting, and works very properly within the 2 piece cake molds. The bottom ribbon it has ever worn, when entered into baking competitions is a Blue Ribbon, and it has gotten as excessive as Better of Present at a State Truthful.”