1 cup butter
2 cups white sugar
three cups all-objective flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup heat milk (one hundred ten levels F/forty five levels C)
half teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon recent lemon juice
1/four cup blanched slivered almonds
2 tablespoons white sugar
1 hr 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 levels F (one hundred seventy five levels C). Generously grease a ten inch spherical cake pan.
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter and sugar collectively till mild. Stir within the flour and blend till the combination is mealy. Add the eggs separately, mixing properly after every addition. Mix the baking powder and milk, add to the egg combination, combine properly. Then mix the lemon juice and baking soda, stir into the batter. Pour into the ready cake pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes within the preheated oven. Take away and sprinkle the nuts and sugar over the cake, then return it to the oven for 20 to 30 further minutes, till cake springs again to the contact. Gently reduce a small gap within the cake and place 1 / 4 within the gap. Attempt to cowl the opening with sugar. Cool cake on a rack for 10 minutes earlier than inverting onto a plate.
- Serve cake heat. Every individual within the household will get a slice beginning with the youngest. The one that will get the quarter of their piece, will get good luck for the entire yr!
- 447 kcal
- sixty one.2 g
- Ldl cholesterol
- 148 mg
- forty nine%
- 19.7 g
- 1.1 g
- 7.7 g
- 287 mg
* % Every day Values are based mostly on a 2,000 calorie food regimen.
Recipe by Paul Menikos
“Conventional Greek New Years Day bread. Served as a espresso cake for breakfast. Additionally the one that receives the quarter inside will get good luck for 1 yr!”