three pints recent strawberries
1/2 cup white sugar
2 1/four cups all-objective flour
four teaspoons baking powder
2 tablespoons white sugar
1/four teaspoon salt
1/three cup shortening
2/three cup milk
2 cups whipped heavy cream
- Slice the strawberries and toss them with half cup of white sugar. Put aside.
- Preheat oven to 425 levels F (220 levels C). Grease and flour one eight inch spherical cake pan.
- In a medium bowl mix the flour, baking powder, 2 tablespoons white sugar and the salt. With a pastry blender minimize within the shortening till the combination resembles coarse crumbs. Make a nicely within the middle and add the crushed egg and milk. Stir till simply mixed.
- Unfold the batter into the ready pan. Bake at 425 levels F (220 levels C) for 15 to twenty minutes or till golden brown. Let cool partially in pan on wire rack.
- Slice partially cooled cake in half, making two layers. Place half of the strawberries on one layer and prime with the opposite layer. Prime with remaining strawberries and canopy with the whipped cream.
- 430 kcal
- fifty five.2 g
- Ldl cholesterol
- sixty nine mg
- 21.four g
- three.6 g
- 6.6 g
- 347 mg
* % Day by day Values are based mostly on a 2,000 calorie weight loss plan.
Recipe by Denyse
“An old style, tender shortcake with two layers of strawberries topped with whipped cream.”