1 cup white sugar
1/three cup scorching water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup sifted all-objective flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/four teaspoon salt
1/four cup confectioners’ sugar for dusting
1 cup recent strawberries
1 cup heavy cream, chilled
1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
1 tablespoon white sugar
2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar, for dusting (elective)
forty five minutes
2 hrs 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 375 levels F (one hundred ninety levels C). Butter a jelly roll pan. Line it with buttered foil or buttered parchment paper.
- Beat the eggs till thick and lemon coloured. Regularly add 1 cup white sugar, beating continuously. Stir in water and vanilla extract. Fold in flour, baking powder, and salt. Pour batter into ready pan.
- Bake till cake is springy to the contact and starting to shrink away from the edges of the pan, about quarter-hour.
- Lay out a tea towel, and sprinkle it with confectioners’ sugar. Flip the cake out on the towel. Peel off the paper or foil. Reduce away crusty edges with kitchen shears or a pointy paring knife. Roll the cake up within the towel, and depart it to chill.
- Whip the cream. Add unflavored gelatin and 1 tablespoon sugar. Fold in strawberries. Unroll the cake. Unfold with the strawberry cream, and roll up once more. Chill cake for no less than 1 hour.
- Earlier than serving, mud cake with confectioners’ sugar or prime with further whipped cream.
- 171 kcal
- 25 g
- Ldl cholesterol
- sixty four mg
- 7 g
- zero.four g
- 2.6 g
- ninety two mg
* % Every day Values are based mostly on a 2,000 calorie weight-reduction plan.
Recipe by JJOHN32
“Ideally suited for that particular ending to a particular luncheon. Embellish this jelly roll with crystallized violets, if desired. A couple of recent violet leaves on prime additionally could also be used.”