three/four cup cake flour
1 1/2 teaspoons floor cinnamon
1 1/four teaspoons floor ginger
three/four teaspoon floor allspice
6 egg yolks
6 egg whites
1/three cup white sugar
1/three cup packed mild brown sugar
2/three cup strong pack pumpkin puree
1/eight teaspoon salt
1/four cup confectioners’ sugar for dusting
2 tablespoons darkish rum
1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
1 cup heavy whipping cream
three tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
10 tablespoons crushed toffee sweet
1 (sixteen ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping, warmed
1/2 cup crushed toffee sweet
- Preheat oven to 375 levels F (one hundred ninety levels C). Spray a 15×10 inch baking sheet with vegetable oil spray. Sift flour, cinnamon, ginger and allspice into small bowl. Put aside.
- In a big bowl, beat egg yolks, 1/three cup white sugar and 1/three cup brown sugar till very thick, about three minutes with an electrical mixer. On low velocity, beat in pumpkin, then flour combination. Utilizing clear, dry beaters, in a big bowl, beat egg whites and salt till stiff however not dry. Fold egg whites into batter in three additions.
- Unfold into ready pan. Bake at 375 levels F (one hundred ninety levels C) for quarter-hour, or till a toothpick inserted into cake comes out clear.
- Place clean (not terry material) kitchen towel on work floor; mud generously with powdered sugar. Minimize round pan edges to loosen cake. Flip cake out onto kitchen towel. Fold towel over 1 lengthy aspect of cake. Beginning at 1 lengthy aspect, roll cake up in towel. Organize cake seam aspect down and funky utterly, about 1 hour.
- To make the filling: Pour 2 tablespoons rum into small heavy saucepan and sprinkle gelatin over. Let stand till gelatin softens, about 10 minutes. Stir over low warmth simply till gelatin dissolves, then take away from warmth. In a big bowl, beat chilled whipping cream and three tablespoons powdered sugar till stiff peaks type. Beat in gelatin combination. Fold in 6 tablespoons English toffee items.
- Unroll cake, sprinkle with four tablespoons English toffee items. Unfold filling over. Beginning at 1 lengthy aspect and utilizing kitchen towel as help, roll up cake to surround filling. Place cake seam aspect down on platter. (May be ready 1 day forward.) Cowl with foil and refrigerate.
- Trim ends of cake on slight diagonal. Mud cake with powdered sugar. Spoon a number of the heat caramel sauce over prime of cake. Sprinkle with half cup toffee. To serve, minimize cake crosswise into 1 inch thick slices. Serve with remaining sauce.
- 429 kcal
- sixty two.6 g
- Ldl cholesterol
- 148 mg
- forty nine%
- 17.7 g
- 1.1 g
- 5.2 g
- 336 mg
* % Every day Values are based mostly on a 2,000 calorie weight loss plan.
Recipe by Jenny Hensley
“This a decadent an attractive dessert to current on the finish of a grand dinner. It is good for the vacations and never as troublesome because it seems to be!”