1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained
1/four cup butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
half cup flaked coconut
1 (eight ounce) can sliced pineapple, drained with juice reserved
1 (eight ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained with juice reserved
1 (18.25 ounce) package deal yellow cake combine
1 hr 10 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 levels F (one hundred seventy five levels C). Coat the bottoms and sides of every 9 inch spherical cake pan with 2 tablespoons of melted butter. Sprinkle the underside of every pan with 1/four cup of brown sugar.
- In one of many pans, sprinkle coconut over the brown sugar. Lay pineapple rings in a single layer on prime of coconut. Place a cherry within the middle of every ring. Within the different pan, unfold the drained crushed pineapple.
- Combine the cake as directed on package deal, however substitute reserved pineapple juice instead of water. Divide batter between the two pans. Keep in mind which pan has the pineapple rings in it.
- Bake for forty to 50 minutes within the preheated oven, or till a toothpick inserted into cake comes out clear. Cool in pans for 20 minutes.
- Whereas the bottoms of the cake pans are nonetheless heat to the contact, invert the layer with the crushed pineapple out onto a serving dish, then gently invert the layer with the pineapple rings on prime of it for a stunning two layer pineapple the wrong way up cake.
- 322 kcal
- fifty seven.7 g
- Ldl cholesterol
- eleven mg
- 9.eight g
- 1.three g
- 2.2 g
- 324 mg
* % Day by day Values are based mostly on a 2,000 calorie food plan.
Recipe by Donna
“This recipe makes a two-layer pineapple upside-down cake utilizing cake combine and canned pineapple.”