1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 (18.25 ounce) package deal yellow cake combine
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup orange juice
1/three cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons grated orange zest
1 (sixteen ounce) can ready vanilla frosting
1 (eight ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
three tablespoons grated orange zest
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
1 (eleven ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- Preheat oven to 350 levels F (one hundred seventy five levels C). Grease and flour two 9 inch pans. Mix the graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, walnuts and butter. Divide combination evenly between the ready pans. Put aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine collectively the cake combine, water, orange juice and oil till blended. Beat within the eggs, separately, then stir within the orange zest. Pour the combination evenly over the crunch layer within the pans.
- Bake within the preheated oven for half-hour, or till a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clear. Permit to chill for 10 minutes, then invert onto a wire rack and funky utterly earlier than frosting. Frost (crunch aspect up) between layers, on prime and sides. Organize orange sections on prime, then refrigerate.
- To make the frosting: In a medium bowl, beat the vanilla frosting till mild and fluffy, then combine within the whipped topping. Stir within the orange and lemon zest. Use frosting on utterly cooled cake layers.
- 773 kcal
- ninety three.9 g
- Ldl cholesterol
- 89 mg
- forty one.7 g
- sixty four%
- 1.eight g
- 6.1 g
- 606 mg
* % Day by day Values are based mostly on a 2,000 calorie food regimen.
Recipe by JPECK
“A yellow cake loaded with citrus taste and with a crunch layer baked proper in.”