1/2 cup Dutch course of cocoa powder
three/four cup boiling water
1 cup bitter cream
half teaspoon baking soda
2 cups sifted cake flour
1/2 cup butter
2 cups white sugar
three egg whites
1 half teaspoons vanilla extract
6 tablespoons butter, softened
three/four cup Dutch course of cocoa powder
2 2/three cups confectioners’ sugar
half cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine collectively half cup cocoa and three/four cup boiling water; put aside.
- In one other small bowl, dissolve baking soda within the bitter cream by stirring them collectively.
- In a big bowl, cream the 1/2 cup butter and a couple of cups sugar. To the butter and sugar combination, alternately add the sifted flour and the cocoa combination with the bitter cream combination. Beat till fluffy. Beat the egg whites till stiff and fold within the egg whites and 1 half teaspoons of vanilla.
- Grease a 9×13 inch pan and pour the batter into it. Bake at 300 levels F (one hundred fifty levels C) for 50 minutes. Frost with La Famiglia Chocolate Frosting (under).
- To Make La Famiglia Chocolate Frosting: Cream 6 tablespoons butter or margarine in a small bowl. Add three/four cup cocoa and confectioner’s sugar alternately with milk; beat till spreading consistency. Kind of milk can be utilized relying on the feel you need. Mix within the vanilla. This yields about 2 cups of frosting.
- 340 kcal
- fifty six.6 g
- Ldl cholesterol
- 30 mg
- 12.7 g
- 2.1 g
- three.7 g
- 119 mg
* % Every day Values are based mostly on a 2,000 calorie food regimen.
Recipe by The Pellettiere’s
“That is an previous Italian household recipe for a cake we make at each huge vacation. We truly misplaced the recipe for some time, and holidays simply weren’t the identical. Then have been overjoyed to get well it after a pal reminded us we had given it to her! We name it “The Cake That Saved Christmas.” A chocolate delight any gangster would love.”