three cups self-rising flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 cups white sugar
four eggs, at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons lemon zest
1 cup entire milk, divided
2 1/2 tablespoons recent lemon juice, divided
Lemon Cream Icing
2 cups chilled heavy cream
three/four cup confectioners’ sugar
1 half tablespoons recent lemon juice
forty eight minutes
1 hr 25 minutes
- Preheat oven to 375 levels F (one hundred ninety levels C). Line 30 cupcake pan cups with paper liners.
- Sift the self-rising flour and salt collectively in a bowl. In one other bowl, beat the unsalted butter and sugar with an electrical mixer till mild and fluffy. Beat within the eggs one by one, beating every egg till included earlier than including the subsequent. Combine within the vanilla extract and lemon zest.
- Gently beat the flour combination into the butter combination, one third at a time, alternating with half the milk and half the lemon juice after every of the primary 2 additions of flour. Beat till simply mixed; don’t over combine.
- Fill the ready cupcake liners with batter three/four full, and bake within the preheated oven till a toothpick inserted within the middle comes out clear, about 17 minutes. Let the cupcakes cool within the pans for about 10 minutes earlier than eradicating them to complete cooling on a rack.
- To make the icing, beat the cream in a relaxing bowl with an electrical mixer set on Low till the cream begins to thicken. Add the confectioners’ sugar and lemon juice, just a little at a time, beating after every addition, till absolutely included. Improve the mixer velocity to Excessive, and beat till the icing varieties tender peaks, about 5 minutes. Unfold on the cooled cupcakes. Refrigerate leftovers.
- 232 kcal
- 26.7 g
- Ldl cholesterol
- sixty seven mg
- thirteen.1 g
- zero.four g
- 2.7 g
- 260 mg
* % Day by day Values are based mostly on a 2,000 calorie food regimen.
Recipe by friedbluetomato
“Here’s a recipe I exploit for superbly scrumptious lemon cupcakes. Ideally, you’d use buttercream frosting to ice cupcakes, however I attempted these with Lemon Cream Icing for a much less buttery icing, they usually have been good! These cupcakes are really lighter than air and can soften in your mouth.”