1 (18.25 ounce) package deal pound cake combine
6 tablespoons orange liqueur
1 pint half-skim ricotta cheese
2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
1/four cup white sugar
three tablespoons chopped semisweet chocolate
three tablespoons candied combined fruit
four (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
1/four cup butter
three cups confectioners’ sugar
1/2 cup scorching, robust brewed espresso
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Put together the cake combine based on package deal directions. Bake in a 9×5 inch loaf pan. Cool utterly.
- With a pointy, serrated knife, minimize a skinny slice from each ends of cooled cake. Minimize cake horizontally into four even layers. Brush every layer with 1 tablespoon orange liqueur.
- In medium bowl, beat ricotta cheese with electrical mixer till clean. Beat in cream, sugar, remaining liqueur. With rubber scraper, fold in chocolate items and candied fruits.
- Place backside layer of cake on flat plate and unfold with one-third of ricotta combine. Place second layer of cake evenly on prime of first layer and unfold with one-third filling. Repeat with third layer of cake and filling. Prime with remaining cake layer.
- Gently press loaf into form. Refrigerate a minimum of 2 hours or till ricotta is agency.
- To make the frosting: Soften chocolate and butter in prime of double boiler, over scorching, not boiling, water. Take away from water. Add confectioners sugar, scorching espresso, and vanilla. Beat till clean. If too gentle to unfold, refrigerate till of spreading consistency – about half-hour. Unfold frosting over aspect and prime of cake. Refrigerate till serving time.
- To serve, adorn prime with candied fruits, if desired. Or use a pastry tube to embellish the cake with flowers and vines. Makes 10 servings.
- 553 kcal
- seventy six.7 g
- Ldl cholesterol
- fifty three mg
- 24.1 g
- 1.eight g
- 9.5 g
- 264 mg
* % Day by day Values are based mostly on a 2,000 calorie food regimen.
Recipe by Juanita Peek
“We have been served Cassata in Italy on numerous events. It was all the time wonderful. A ravishing presentation.”