5 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
half cup white sugar
half cup unsulfured molasses
1 egg yolk
1 1/four cups all-objective flour
1 tablespoon Dutch course of cocoa powder
1 1/four teaspoons floor ginger
1 teaspoon floor cinnamon
half teaspoon floor allspice
1/2 teaspoon floor nutmeg
1/four teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup scorching milk
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
2 ounces cream cheese, softened
2/three cup sifted confectioners’ sugar
1/four teaspoon lemon extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 levels F (one hundred seventy five levels C). Butter or line with paper liners a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Cream 5 tablespoons of the butter with the white sugar. Add the molasses and the egg and egg yolk.
- Sift collectively the flour, cocoa powder, ginger, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg and salt. Dissolve the baking soda within the scorching milk. Add the flour combination to the creamed combination and stir till simply mixed. Stir within the scorching milk combination. Pour the batter evenly into the ready tin.
- Bake at 350 levels F (one hundred seventy five levels C) for 20 minutes or till barely springy to the contact. Permit to chill a couple of minutes within the pan and take away to a rack to chill.
- To Make Frosting: Cream the two tablespoons butter and the cream cheese collectively. Beat within the confectioners’ sugar till fluffy. Add the lemon extract and beat. When the cupcakes are cool, frost the tops with the frosting and serve.
- 241 kcal
- 36.eight g
- Ldl cholesterol
- fifty nine mg
- 9.6 g
- zero.7 g
- three g
- 185 mg
* % Every day Values are based mostly on a 2,000 calorie weight-reduction plan.
Recipe by Kevin Ryan
“An exquisite change of tempo for the vacation season. Moist and spicy cake balanced by creamy, tender frosting.”