1/four cup butter, melted
1 1/four cups vanilla wafer crumbs
1/four cup white sugar
three (eight ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1/four cup darkish rum
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
half teaspoon floor nutmeg
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 cup water
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/three cup packed mild brown sugar
2 tablespoons darkish rum
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 hr 10 minutes
- Preheat oven to 300 levels F (one hundred fifty levels C).
- In a big bowl, mix 1/four cup butter, wafer crumbs, and white sugar. Press firmly on the underside of a 9 inch springform pan.
- In a big bowl, beat the cream cheese till fluffy. Regularly beat within the sweetened condensed milk till clean. Combine within the eggs. Stir in 1/four cup rum, vanilla extract, and nutmeg. Pour into the ready pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for forty to 50 minutes, or till middle of cake springs again when frivolously touched. Permit to chill, then chill.
- To Make The Pecan Caramel Sauce: In a small bowl, dissolve the cornstarch in 1 cup of water. In a medium saucepan, soften 2 tablespoons butter. Stir in brown sugar and the cornstarch combination. Convey to a boil, stirring continuously. Scale back warmth, and simmer for 10 minutes. Take away from warmth, and add 2 tablespoons darkish rum. Permit to chill. Simply earlier than serving, stir the pecans into the sauce.
- Take away the edges of the springform pan from the cooled cheesecake. Serve with the Pecan Caramel Sauce.
- 550 kcal
- forty four.2 g
- Ldl cholesterol
- 141 mg
- forty seven%
- 36.three g
- fifty six%
- zero.eight g
- 9.7 g
- 325 mg
* % Every day Values are based mostly on a 2,000 calorie weight loss plan.
Recipe by Eleanor Johnson
“A easy straightforward-to-make cheesecake served with a yummy Pecan Caramel Sauce. It is good for vacation get-togethers.”