1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup water
1 cup raisins
2 tablespoons butter
half teaspoon salt
1 half cups complete wheat flour
three/4 teaspoon baking soda
half teaspoon flooring ginger
1 teaspoon flooring cinnamon
half cup dates, pitted and chopped
1/2 cup candied mixed fruit peel, chopped
half cup chopped nuts
half cup chopped dried mixed fruit
- Preheat oven to 350 ranges F (100 seventy 5 ranges C). Grease one 5×9 inch loaf pan.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, put together dinner collectively the sugar, water, raisins, butter and salt. Take away from heat and allow to relax.
- Sift collectively the flour, soda, ginger and cinnamon. Stir into the cooled cooked mixture.
- Add the chopped dates, mixed peels, nuts and dried fruit.
- Pour into loaf pan and bake for 1 hour or drop by the teaspoon on a cookie sheet and bake for quarter-hour.
- 184 kcal
- 37.eight g
- Ldl ldl cholesterol
- three mg
- three.eight g
- 2.5 g
- 2.5 g
- 132 mg
* % Daily Values are based mostly totally on a 2,000 calorie consuming routine.
Recipe by Tuula
“This could be a wonderful fruitcake and pretty simple too! Bake as cookies or a cake. The whole wheat flour supplies it a pleasing style.”