6 (1 ounce) squares semi-candy chocolate
6 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
7 eggs, separated
1 cup all-function flour
1 cup butter, room temperature
2 cups white sugar
1 half teaspoons vanilla extract
6 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate
three/four cup heavy whipping cream
1 (four ounce) package deal frozen raspberries, thawed
three tablespoons seedless raspberry preserves
forty five minutes
2 hrs 25 minutes
- Preheat oven to 300 levels F (one hundred fifty levels C). Line bottoms of two 9-inch cake pans with parchment or waxed paper.
- To Make Cake: Soften 6 ounces of semisweet chocolate and 6 ounces of unsweetened chocolate within the prime of a double boiler, or in a microwave. Cool, and beat in egg yolks.
- In a big bowl, beat butter, 1 half cups sugar, and vanilla till mild and fluffy. Add chocolate combination, and proceed beating till clean. Stir in flour till simply mixed.
- In one other bowl, beat egg whites till foamy. Progressively beat in half cup sugar, and proceed beating till the whites maintain gentle peaks. Fold whites into chocolate batter, in three additions. Pour batter into ready pans, and clean tops.
- Bake in preheated oven till a toothpick caught into the facilities of the muffins comes out with moist crumbs, about forty five minutes. Cool in pans.
- To Make Frosting: In a saucepan, convey cream simply to a boil. Chop 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, and stir into the cream. Take away saucepan from warmth, and proceed stirring till clean. Pour frosting into bowl, and press sheet of plastic wrap instantly towards floor of chocolate to stop a pores and skin from forming. Refrigerate till thick sufficient to unfold.
- To Make Filling: Drain the thawed raspberries, if essential, and mix with the jam. Sandwich the cake layers with raspberry filling. Unfold prime and sides with chocolate frosting.
- 629 kcal
- sixty seven.9 g
- Ldl cholesterol
- 184 mg
- sixty one%
- forty.2 g
- sixty two%
- 5 g
- 9.1 g
- 159 mg
* % Day by day Values are based mostly on a 2,000 calorie weight-reduction plan.
Recipe by Roz F.
“Wealthy chocolate paired with raspberries–this cake is moist and fudgy. For a particular deal with, garnish it with recent raspberries!”