12 1/2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
1/eight cup unsalted butter
12 egg yolks
1/four cup white sugar
12 egg whites
1/eight cup white sugar
1 1/four cups heavy cream
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder, for dusting
forty five minutes
1 hr 25 minutes
- Preheat oven to 300 levels F (one hundred fifty levels C). Butter a 9 inch springform pan, and line backside with parchment paper.
- Within the prime of a double boiler, warmth chocolate and unsalted butter, stirring sometimes, till chocolate is melted and clean. Take away from warmth and permit to chill to lukewarm.
- In a big bowl, beat egg yolks and 1/four cup sugar till thick and lemon-coloured. Fold into chocolate combination; put aside. In a big glass or metallic mixing bowl, beat egg whites till foamy. Steadily add 1/eight cup sugar, persevering with to beat till stiff peaks type. Fold 1/three of the whites into the chocolate combination, then shortly fold in remaining whites till no streaks stay. Pour 2/three of combination into ready pan.
- Bake within the preheated oven for forty minutes, or till filling is simply agency within the middle. Permit to chill, then take away from pan and refrigerate 1 hour.
- In a medium bowl, whip cream to delicate peaks and fold into remaining chocolate combination. Cowl and refrigerate.
- Unfold remaining mousse over cooled cake and mud with cocoa.
- 270 kcal
- 18.5 g
- Ldl cholesterol
- 184 mg
- sixty one%
- 19 g
- 1.eight g
- 6.7 g
- fifty six mg
* % Day by day Values are based mostly on a 2,000 calorie food regimen.
Recipe by Anne
“A wealthy chocolate mousse is ready with top quality chocolate and recent eggs. Two thirds of the mousse is baked, and the remaining is used as topping. Please word: this recipe accommodates uncooked eggs. We advocate that pregnant ladies, younger youngsters, the aged and the infirm don’t eat uncooked eggs. Necessary: make sure you use solely recent eggs for this recipe.”