1/2 cup butter
1 half cups white sugar
1 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 three/four cups cake flour
1 1/four teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- Preheat oven to 350 levels F (one hundred seventy five levels C). Flippantly grease and flour one 9×13 inch baking pan.
- Cream the butter with sugar till mild and fluffy. Combine within the eggs and almond extract and beat nicely. Add the cocoa powder and blend till properly mixed.
- By hand, stir the cake flour, baking soda and salt collectively. Add flour combination to the butter combination and blend till simply mixed. Stir within the cherry pie filling. Pour the batter into the ready pan.
- Bake at 350 levels F (one hundred seventy five levels C) for 30 to 35 minutes or till a toothpick inserted close to the center comes out clear. Cool and frost with Chocolate Buttercream.
- 159 kcal
- 28.6 g
- Ldl cholesterol
- 28 mg
- four.6 g
- zero.9 g
- 1.9 g
- 201 mg
* % Day by day Values are based mostly on a 2,000 calorie food regimen.
Recipe by Ginger McKenney
“Very moist and wealthy. A favourite of my two grown sons. It retains very properly.”