2 cups chopped dried combined fruit
1 cup roughly chopped glace cherries
1/four cup candied combined citrus peel
half cup chopped walnuts
1 1/2 cups white sugar
three/four cup butter
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon combined spice
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 2/three cups sifted self-rising flour
2 hrs 10 minutes
2 hrs forty minutes
- Preheat oven to 325 levels F (one hundred sixty levels C). Line one 8×3 inch spherical cake tin with parchment paper.
- In a medium saucepan, mix combined fruit, cherries, citrus peel, walnuts, sugar, butter, milk, combined spice, and baking soda. Convey to a boil, and simmer for five minutes. Let the combination cool to room temperature.
- Stir in flour and eggs. Pour into the ready pan. Wrap outdoors of pan with brown paper or newspaper.
- Bake at 325 levels F (one hundred sixty levels C) for forty minutes, then scale back temperature to 300 levels F (one hundred fifty levels C), and proceed to baking cake for 1 1/2 hours. Take away cake from oven, and permit to chill within the tin for five minutes, then flip it out onto a cooling rack, take away paper, and funky utterly. Cake could be saved for as much as 6 months wrapped in foil and in an hermetic tin.
- 558 kcal
- ninety two.1 g
- Ldl cholesterol
- eighty one mg
- 19.6 g
- 1.5 g
- 7.2 g
- 625 mg
* % Every day Values are based mostly on a 2,000 calorie eating regimen.
Recipe by Mark Richards
“This recipe produces a very moist fruitcake. It was given to me by my mother, and it is very easy. My mother makes use of it for Christmas cake by icing it. I exploit it for birthdays, Christmas, or simply for a deal with. If combined spice is unavailable, substitute with a pinch every of cinnamon, coriander, cloves, nutmeg, and ginger.”