three (10.25 ounce) packages white cake combine
9 egg whites
1 cup vegetable oil
three three/four cups entire milk
2 tablespoons clear vanilla extract
2 tablespoons pink meals coloring
1 tablespoon blue meals coloring
1 cup white chocolate chips
10 cups fluffy white frosting
1 tablespoon white chocolate chips, or as wanted
2 tablespoons white sugar, or as wanted
1 four-inch spherical paper or cardboard stencil
1 hr 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 levels F (one hundred seventy five levels C). Grease and line four eight-inch spherical cake pans with parchment paper.
- Mix white cake combine, egg whites, vegetable oil, milk, and vanilla extract in a big mixing bowl. Beat for 30 seconds utilizing an electrical mixer on low velocity. Improve mixer velocity to medium and beat for two extra minutes. The batter will nonetheless be barely lumpy.
- To make the pink muffins, measure half the batter right into a separate bowl and whisk in purple meals coloring. Evenly switch the purple batter into 2 of the eight-inch ready cake pans; clean tops of batter with a spatula. Switch half of the remaining uncolored batter into a third ready cake pan; clean prime as earlier than. This would be the white cake portion.
- Add blue meals coloring to the remaining uncolored batter within the giant mixing bowl; fold 1 cup white chocolate chips into blue batter till mixed. Switch batter to remaining ready eight-inch cake pan; clean prime of batter with a spatula.
- Bake all four desserts within the preheated oven till a toothpick inserted into the middle of every cake comes out clear, about half-hour. Take away the muffins from oven and place onto cooling racks till cooled utterly.
- Run a knife round edge of every cooled cake. Invert desserts, take away pans, and peel off parchment paper. Use a pointy knife to trim tops of desserts flat and even.
- Minimize each of the pink cake layers and the white cake layer in half horizontally. You’ll have four skinny pink cake layers and a couple of skinny white cake layers.
- Place a four-inch spherical stencil on prime of 1 skinny pink cake layer; reduce out a four-inch pink cake spherical. Repeat, putting stencil on 1 skinny white cake layer to make 1 four-inch white cake spherical. Middle the four-inch spherical stencil on the blue cake; minimize out and take away middle portion coated by the stencil to make a blue cake ring.
- To assemble the cake, you will have 2 skinny eight-inch purple cake layers, 1 skinny eight-inch white cake layer, 1 four-inch skinny pink cake circle, 1 four-inch skinny white cake circle, and 1 blue eight-inch cake ring. Reserve the leftover skinny pink cake layer and different cake items for making crumbs for adorning.
- To assemble cake, place 1 eight-inch skinny pink cake layer on a cake pan and frost the highest generously with white frosting. Place the skinny eight-inch white cake layer on prime of the purple one, and frost the highest. Place remaining eight-inch skinny pink cake layer atop the white one. Frost the purple layer.
- Place the blue ring cake on prime of the 2nd pink cake layer and punctiliously frost the within of the blue cake ring. Gently match the four-inch white cake layer into the blue cake ring. Frost the highest of the four-inch white middle. Place the four-inch pink cake layer on prime of the white one. Gently press small cake circles flush with the highest of the blue ring.
- Frost your complete outdoors of the cake generously with the remaining frosting.
- Crumble purple and blue items of leftover cake into 2 separate bowls. Rating strains into the highest of the cake’s frosting with a kitchen knife to make a flag design on prime of the cake. It ought to have a 2-inch sq. on the higher left for blue area and white stars, and seven thick horizontal stripes about 1 inch vast.
- Fill the sq. area on the higher left with blue crumbs and press 1 tablespoon white chocolate chips upside-down into the blue crumbs to make ‘stars.’ Fill the underside stripe and each different stripe with purple crumbs to make purple stripes. Sprinkle white sugar generously into the white stripes to make them stand out.
- To serve, reduce cake into wedges. The within of the cake will reveal its layers of pink and white stripes and blue subject with white chocolate chip stars in each slice.
- 1110 kcal
- fifty five%
- 214.7 g
- sixty nine%
- Ldl cholesterol
- eight mg
- 25.6 g
- zero.5 g
- 10.6 g
- 769 mg
* % Day by day Values are based mostly on a 2,000 calorie weight loss plan.
Recipe by Allrecipes Employees
“Unfurl the purple, white, and blue with this lovely, straightforward, and patriotic flag cake good for the 4th of July, Memorial Day, or any favourite event. Assemble and frost the beautiful cake and watch for the oohs and ahhs!”